Learn beginning food photography from nationally published food photographer
The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook
Artisanal Cocktails: Drinks Inspired by the Seasons from Bar at Cyrus
Food Styling by nationally published book author
This workshop will be held in Sara’s photography studio in Emeryville, CA, 15 minutes outside of San Francisco. In order to give personal attention to each attendee, space is limited to 15 people.
A small portion of the workshop will focus on food styling, and there will be a professional food stylist on set to teach ways of making the food pop / keeping the dish looking fresh.
- Explaining a great food photograph (light direction, light qualities, food subject).
- Choosing the best camera angle and height when photographing food.
- Identifying good light in a location and how to photograph with it.
- How to diffuse and modify light.
- How to identify the best way to photograph food (preparation, cooking, plated, meal in progress).
- Using props that you have available to improve the overall photographic impact.
- Seeing beyond the food. How to look for photographs that tell a story.
Participants should bring their cameras (both DSLR & point and shoots are welcome), lenses, a laptop, and a card reader. It is advised that each student have basic knowledge of how to work their camera. This will be a shooting workshop, so get ready to have some fun!
- A full day informative hands-on workshop of basic technical skills needed to shoot stunning food photos
- Working with a food stylist
- Morning coffee and tea
- Reference material to take with you
When: May 15, 2010. 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Where: Sara’s photo studio, Emeryville, CA. Address will be sent with confirmation