Photo Credit: Danielle Tsi
Danielle Tsi will leading this hands on workshop which is all about shooting delicious food. Danielle’s workshop has been structured with the beginning food photographer in mind. Maybe you are exploring new career paths, or you are a food blogger struggling with adding photography to the list of must dos, or maybe you just like playing with your food; whatever the reasoning is, this is the workshop for you. Danielle will show you have to make your food look pretty for the camera and still be able to nosh on it afterwards.
Experience level: Beginner
Equipment: Digital Camera – please bring your camera and laptop as this is a hands on workshop
- Understand what makes a good food photograph (light qualities, composition, bringing out the best in a dish).
- Learn how to manage available light to achieve the effects you want.
- Knowing the different camera angles and perspectives for photographing food.
- How to style your food and eat it: basic styling tips for the home photo studio.
- How to tell the story of a dish through pictures.
Brief overview about the creative process behind a good food photograph
Shooting exercise 1 – Working with Light, angles, composition
Shooting exercise 2 – Style It and Eat It
Class discussion and Q&A
When: June 23, 2012, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – working lunch included
Where: West Oakland Studio, address will be sent upon payment